I am a professional freelance editor (copy, line, and technical editing) and proofreader offering a wealth of experience editing a wide variety of written material (including textbooks; scientific, medical, and technical journal articles; academic documents; marketing materials; ESL documents; as well as other nonfiction work). My references will attest to my determination to accept nothing short of perfection in my work. I strive for complete accuracy and the highest degree of professionalism in the work I complete, and utilize APA, Chicago, AMA, Canadian Press, and AP manuals of style (and others) as required. In addition to editing in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, and MS PowerPoint, I am also well-versed in authoring tools and content management tools (such as Delta and SharePoint), and very comfortable working with HTML.
My editing and proofreading skills extend across many subjects and business needs—you could say that I am an “editing savant”—and have always been the hidden accomplice behind any successful document. Grammar, punctuation, clarity, formatting, and rapid turnaround are my specialties, whatever the document may be; and I work electronically or with hard copy. I am a passionate perfectionist when it comes to a succinct, well-written and mistake-free document—that oh-so-important first impression. My time is very flexible and I am on call six days a week for long- or short-term projects; my computer is fired up at 9 a.m. and is on until 10:30 p.m. MST. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent copyediting/line editing projects:
Accuracy reviewer/copyeditor for U.S. to Canadian textbook edition updates, Oxford University Press (Journal of Infectious Diseases, Clinical Infections Diseases, Pediatric Infectious Diseases), African Heritage Press manuscripts, Sylvan Learning e-learning curriculum, Six Red Marbles e-learning material, Hyphen S.A. e-learning material, Memoirs(and) magazine, IEEE periodicals, editing/proofing/SEO writing for major online department and specialty stores.
- The Second Lives of Honest Men, John R. Cameron, 2013.
- Biological Science, Canadian Second Ed., Scott Freeman, Mike Harrington, and Joan Sharp, 2012, Pearson Canada
- Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Canadian First Ed., Nivaldo J. Tro, 2012
- ZENER, Eric Zener, 2010, Art Publishing, Ltd.
- The Cumberland Zoo, Laura King, 2010, Art Publishing, Ltd.
- Just Caring: Health Care Rationing and Democratic Deliberation, Leonard M. Fleck
- Essential Research Methods for Social Work (Second Edition), Allen Rubin and Earl Babbie
- Hormones and Brain Plasticity, Luis Miguel Garcia-Segura, Oxford University Press
Currently a member of Editors Canada (formerly Editors’ Association of Canada [EAC]), Editorial Freelance Association (EFA), National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE), and the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar (SPOGG)Audra Gorgiev — Resume/CV.