I am a professional freelance editor (copy, line, and technical editing) and proofreader offering a wealth of experience editing a wide variety of written material (including technical documents; scientific/medical research journal articles; academic documents; K-12 STEM and postsecondary textbook and e-learning materials; manuscripts; pharmaceutical marketing material/monographs; corporate communications, white papers, regulatory reports, and marketing material; finance/investment reports, funds/markets briefs, and investor literature; bio/autobiographies; and ESL documents). My references will attest to my determination to accept nothing short of perfection in my work. I strive for complete accuracy and the highest degree of professionalism in the work I complete, and use APA, Chicago, AMA, Canadian Press, and AP manuals of style (and others) as required. In addition to editing in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, and MS PowerPoint, I am also well-versed in authoring tools and content management tools (such as Delta and SharePoint), and very comfortable working with HTML.
My editing and proofreading skills extend across many subjects and business needs—you could say that I am an “editing savant”—and have always been the hidden accomplice behind any successful document. Grammar, punctuation, clarity, formatting, and rapid turnaround are my specialties, whatever the document may be; and I work electronically or with hard copy. I am a passionate perfectionist when it comes to a succinct, well-written and mistake-free document—that oh-so-important first impression. My time is very flexible and I am on call six days a week for long- or short-term projects; my computer is fired up at 9 a.m. and is on until 10:30 p.m. MST. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent copyediting/line editing projects:
Accuracy reviewer/copyeditor for US to Canadian textbook edition updates; Environment Canada (Existing Substances Risk Assessment Bureau documents); pharmaceutical/medical marketing and blog material; teacher/student study guides, training manuals, and self-help books; Sylvan Learning and Six Red Marbles e-learning material; financial institution investment risk assessment and recommendations reports; Oxford University Press (Journal of Infectious Diseases; Clinical Infectious Diseases); African Heritage Press, Ovation Press, and self-published manuscripts; SHALE and Memoirs (And) magazines.
- Two Wheels Down, Chris Boney, 2018, TBD
- CelloMind, Intonation and Technique, Hans Jørgen Jensen and Minna Rose Chung, 2017, Ovation Press. (https://amzn.to/2Ksup5Y)
- (Un)Worthy, a Faith Approved by Jesus, William Knelsen, 2017, self-published (Kindle). (https://amzn.to/2lJpbIh)
- Your Complete Guide to Factor-Based Investing, Andrew L. Berkin and Larry E. Swedroe, 2016, BAM Alliance Press. (https://amzn.to/2Mxlykd)
- Africa in the Market, Silvia Forni and Christopher B. Steiner (eds.), 2016, Royal Ontario Museum. (https://amzn.to/2tzxrzg)
- A Fling through the Highlands, Nancy Desilets, 2015, Write On Track.
- The Second Lives of Honest Men, John R. Cameron, 2013.
- Biological Science, Canadian Second Ed., Scott Freeman, Mike Harrington, and Joan Sharp, 2012, Pearson Canada
- Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Canadian First Ed., Nivaldo J. Tro, 2012
- ZENER, Eric Zener, 2010, Art Publishing, Ltd.
- The Cumberland Zoo, Laura King, 2010, Art Publishing, Ltd.
- Just Caring: Health Care Rationing and Democratic Deliberation, Leonard M. Fleck
- Essential Research Methods for Social Work (Second Edition), Allen Rubin and Earl Babbie
- Hormones and Brain Plasticity, Luis Miguel Garcia-Segura, Oxford University Press
Currently a member of Editors Canada (formerly Editors’ Association of Canada [EAC]), Editorial Freelance Association (EFA), National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE), and the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar (SPOGG)